Django is one of the most complete frameworks you can find. It is built on Python and is characterized by versatility, simplicity, and scalability. You can use it for all stages of your project from the database to the final result.
But the world does not stand still and the advancement of technology forces us to look for new approaches and ways that will help raise the business to the top level and keep it there.
So, with the spread of single-page sites (SPAs), we paid attention to the collaboration between Django and React, which is still a very popular solution for projects.
Why is there such a high demand for the combination of Django and React? How do they work together? And how to use their advantages for your business? Let's figure it out together.
What Is React and Why Do You Need It in Your Project?
Why is this so important?
A little preface is needed. In 2013, Facebook had just finished major integration work into its chat platform. It was a complex application embedded in another application that could not be called simple before. The Facebook team had to face the solution of interesting tasks, and this is where React was needed.
And these are far from all the unique possibilities provided by React. That is why the React and Django collaboration is so successful. But what does it consist of?
Why Is Using React + Django (Python) In Combination So Successful?
Although Django and React are two independent frameworks, the frontend (outer part) and backend (inner part) written using each work together quite well.
Do you need it? Here's a quick checklist:
- You need speed and smooth operation of the site;
- Saving time on development (because two teams with separate tasks will definitely cope faster);
- Quality of development (specialists can deal with narrowly focused tasks in which their experience is greater, and not try to cover everything);
- You have both a web page and an application and you want to use resources rationally.
Do you have at least one? Did everything match? Welcome!
Django and React: Advantages
Django and React are practically canons in the world of possible combinations for creating web applications. Why?
React is quite easily integrated with Django. Therefore, it is becoming increasingly common to build applications that use Django only to provide APIs. Especially relevant is the use of React with the Django Rest API - a simple way to transfer information between the interface and the database. In simple words, it separates the user interface and the data store and communicates between the user and the database by sending a .json file.
This allows better separation of the two interfaces so that teams can develop in their respective domains completely independently.
"Cool, but how will this help my business?" - you ask.
- It will help your product to reach a new level. Of course, customers currently feel the difference between what level of site or app they have. And these requests are growing every year. Therefore, entering the market without using the latest technologies is a bad idea.
- Speed up development. If your newest idea is dying to show itself to the world, then the Django and React team is for you.
- Division of problems. The back-end and front-end developers can focus on their code, stack, and tools they know well. A front-end developer doesn't need to learn Django to get data through the REST API.
- Ability to improve the product at any time. Since the community in both Django and React is really large, there will always be specialists who can change your site or Django/React app.
- Make smoother transitions on the site. This is explained by that the data in this case is loaded in the background and only part of the page is reloaded.
We presented you the advantages of the combination of React + Django and you know in a nutshell how these frameworks work. Getting started is easy! Just trust the professionals and get the absence of headaches for your business in the hands of VinDevs!